Commensurate with Experience
9 months ago
Workshop Technician, Loughborough
- Workshop Technician jobs.
- Engineering business that develops new advanced materials for a wide range of sectors.
- Role would suit an Engineer that is likely to have a workshop, test, materials, production or service technician background.
- Role will initially be offered on a part time temporary contract, 3 days per week (21 hours) with a competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience.
This Workshop Technician job will suit:
- We are looking for an Engineer that would enjoy working in a varied Test Technician / Workshop Technician role.
- You could have gained your experience in a number of different positions e.g. Test Technician, Production Technician, Service Engineer, Maintenance Technician etc…
- Any previous experience of setting up machines to run engineering tests; installing and maintaining workshop machinery or similar automated machinery / equipment would be beneficial.
- Standalone role in a small engineering business so would somebody who can organise and manage their own workload.
The Workshop Technician job will involve:
- Assist with setting up bespoke test frames including instrumentation (e.g. load cells, displacement sensors, strain gauges).
- Run tests on bespoke test frames including logging of data.
- Some machine commissioning activities – electrical install plus machine operation.
- Organise the installation of a specialist test machine and run material test on the machine once fully functional.
- Prepare material test samples.
- Machine material samples using workshop equipment e.g. diamond tile saw.
- Assist with constructing laboratory area.
- Role will initially be offered on a part time temporary contract basis - 3 days per week (21 hours), competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience.
- Small, specialist business focused on the development of new advanced materials and launching disruptive composite technologies across a wide range of sectors.
- The business has secured a number of high profile projects that is enabling them to grow.
This Workshop Technician job is commutable from Loughborough, Coalville, Shepshed, Leicester, Castle Donington, Long Eaton, Ashby-de-la-Zouch and surrounding areas.
To apply please send your CV to Luke Smith at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.