Ashby de la Zouch
£30,000 - £35,000
5 months ago
Telecommunications Design Engineer jobs role. Design of Rail Station Information and Surveillance Systems (SISS). Opportunity to have a broader role that includes overseeing onsite installation and commissioning works if desired. Network Rail, London Underground projects. Diverse engineering projects, flexible and agile business.
Salary & Package: £30K - £35K plus paid overtime. Wider benefits include company pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday, private health, flexible working hours including a lunch time finish on Friday!
The Telecommunications Design Engineer job will suit:
- Somebody with a telecommunications design background – outline/layout/concept design for construction.
- We are looking for a candidate with experience of Station Information and Surveillance Systems (SISS).
- The role can be shaped in a couple of ways 1. A pure site layout design role or 2. Produce the site layout drawings and then supervise the installation and commission process at project/customer sites.
- You will become an integral member of an agile SME engineering organisation that design, manufacture and deliver integrated communication management systems / safety critical automation systems to the rail sector.
- You are likely to hold a relevant qualification (HNC/HND/Degree) in an electrical engineering, systems engineering or similar engineering discipline.
The Telecommunications Design Engineer job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- The company specialise in the design and supply of integrated safety, control and automation systems for hazardous industrial environments.
- You will be joining a rapidly growing company who value loyalty and integrity – a lot of people have developed their careers with the business over a number of years.
- Salary & Package: £30K - £35K plus paid overtime. Wider benefits include company pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday, private health, flexible working hours including a lunch time finish on Friday!
The Telecommunications Design Engineer job will involve:
- Design (site layout drawings not detailed design) of Station Information and Surveillance Systems (SISS) including CCTV; Public Address; Customer Information Systems, Customer Help Points.
- Opportunity to get involved in supervising the installation and commissioning of SISS onsite (this is not essential as the role could be shaped accordingly but definitely an option for a candidate wanting a more varied role e.g. produce site layout drawings in the office and be out on site supervising the installation / commission process..
- Liaising with customers, sub-contract engineers and internal teams to drive projects to completion.
This Telecommunications Design Engineer job is commutable from Ashby De La Zouch, Loughborough, Burton Upon Trent, Long Eaton, Derby, Tamworth, Lichfield, Swadlincote Leicester, Coaville. Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Staffordshire.
To apply, please contact Jack Ludford