£ Competitive Salary
about 2 months ago
Engineering SME. Specialist coatings, optics, optical engineering, plastics, polymer, chemical thin film manufacturing / glass component manufacturing.
Are you an R&D Manager, Technical Manager or Engineering Manager with strong change management experience? Are you looking for R&D Manager, Technical Manager or Engineering Manager Jobs commutable to the Basingstoke, Andover, Salisbury, Newbury region?
Ideally you will be degreed educated (engineering) and have some exposure to plastic moulding, CNC machining, basic mechanical assembly and testing. Product volumes range from small to large batch. Optical engineering experience and knowledge, particularly with production of ideally optical resin would be great (but NOT required). Any glass component manufacturing experience with vacuum coating / other deposition technologies highly beneficial.
An understanding of polymer manufacturing from base powders and liquids would also be beneficial
HOWEVER if you have good R&D and Technical engineering experience and have done change management in expanding engineering SMEs we would welcome entering into dialogue with you.
The Technical Manager jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Established and profitable engineering / manufacturing SME (approx. £18m t/o. 90 headcount).
- A chance to really make an impact with some change management
- Due to the varied nature of the business, your job will be diverse, interesting and stimulating. No two days are the same!
This Engineering Manager jobs role will suit:
- An R&D Manager, Technical Manager or Engineering Manager who has a track record of improving engineering SMEs / manufacturing SMEs, driving the product roadmap / technology roadmap.
- Ideally some exposure to glass component manufacturing (possibly as part of a larger system). Optical engineering experience and knowledge, particularly with production of ideally optical resin but as a minimum glass component manufacturing with vacuum coating / other deposition technologies.
- Experience in engineering / manufacturing SMEs with medium volume manufacturing would be highly beneficial, giving that “wear a number of hats” experience.
- Track record of making practical improvements in that engineering SME context through change management
- An R&D Manager, Technical Manager or Engineering Manager who is commutable to the Basingstoke, Andover, Salisbury, Newbury region
This engineering jobs role is based near Basingstoke commutable from Basingstoke, Andover, Salisbury, Newbury, Wiltshire Hampshire.