£30,000 - £35,000
about 2 years ago
Technical Buyer, Purchasing jobs, Buyer jobs, CIPS. Working for an Engineering & Manufacturing company sourcing components and materials used in production, a specialised position suited for someone with an engineering or manufacturing background. CIPS or Engineering qualifications or ideal.
This job will suit:
- Some exposure to engineering, manufacturing, engineered components etc. would be beneficial (Automotive Engineering very beneficial). Ideally someone who knows what an engineering drawing looks like!
- A Buyer, Senior Buyer, Technical Buyer, accustomed to purchasing & procurement processes within a manufacturing business.
- Excellent IT skills – Advanced in the use Excel & Word for data analysis, producing spreadsheets
- You should be ambitious and want to progress you career. You will be pro-active and want a diverse role
- Someone with qualifications in purchasing (CIPS) or with a background in Engineering (HNC/HND).
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Multi-national engineering / manufacturing organisation, offices in UK, US and China. Growing business securing contracts in new markets.
- The company design and manufacture products integrated into off-highway, construction, military and agricultural vehicles.
- Expanding business recently acquiring a new site, role created to work within a new business unit.
- Excellent career progression and development, opportunity to grow within the company as you become more competent with the industry & products.
The job will involve:
- Sourcing new engineering suppliers as well as building relationship with their current supplier base.
- Negotiating better terms, evaluating supplier base and conducting cost saving activities.
- Usage of the in-house ERP system
- Dealing with a variety of suppliers and building relationships in order to obtaining quotations and review supplier contracts. Working with an international supplier base.
- Work with suppliers to improve delivery performance and holding them accountable.
This job is commutable from Coalville, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Tamworth, Hinckley, Market Bosworth, Leicester, Loughborough, Derby, Long Eaton and the surrounding areas.
To apply please contact Danny Turnock at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd