£30,000 - £40,000
8 months ago
Technical Buyer, Purchasing, CIPS. Job vacancy with a company that manufacture electrical and mechanical devices for oil and gas, petrochem, marine, automotive, aerospace and medical devices.
This Purchasing vacancy is suited to a buyer that enjoys professional negotiation on quality, cost and delivery and good MRP / ERP systems knowledge looking for an opportunity with a professional, growing business.
Salary & Package: Salary Guideline of £30,000 to £40,000 depending upon experience. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. Lunchtime finish on a Friday!
This job will suit:
- Experience of purchasing engineering, manufacturing, engineered components etc.
- A Buyer, Senior Buyer, Technical Buyer, accustomed to purchasing & procurement processes within an assembly manufacturing business.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent IT skills – Advanced in the use Excel & Word for data analysis, producing spreadsheets
- Someone with qualifications in purchasing (CIPS) or with a background in Engineering (HNC/HND).
- You should be ambitious and want to progress you career. You will be pro-active and want a diverse role
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- An established business, good job security, and a diverse customer base.
- Professional business with formal quality accreditations, and a commitment to developing people.
The job will involve:
- Sourcing new engineering suppliers as well as building relationship with their current supplier base.
- Negotiating better terms, evaluating supplier base and conducting cost saving activities.
- Supervising three people in stores & the inventory control.
- Engineering procurement / purchases, dealing with complex Bill of Materials, purchasing mechanical components and systems, electrical systems etc
- Long term stock buying.
- Usage of the in-house MRP / ERP system
This job is commutable from Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Stourbridge, Kidderminster, Tamworth, Lichfield, Solihull, Coventry, Redditch, Bromsgrove, Walsall, Cannock.
To apply please contact Jayne Baxter at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd