over 2 years ago
Software Engineer jobs role. Software development of bespoke electrical test, process control, and Internet of Things applications. Central Birmingham location. Early finish on a Friday!
This Software Engineer role will suit:
- A Software Engineer / Software Developer with experience of working within a software engineering development environment where robustness and up-time of systems are paramount due to the demands of a production environment.
- We are looking for a Software Engineer that will have experience in one of more of the following development environments; C/C++ Experience in PIC or ARM environments; development of embedded control systems; VB.Net / C# / VB, development creating database or comms based service & client software and front ends; MS SQL Server Schema Design.
- An appreciation and/or understanding of electronics and electrical systems and associated components and technologies would be beneficial.
Working Environment, Opportunities and Rewards:
- Engineering business with a strong reputation in the automotive manufacturing and product testing sectors for developing and manufacturing bespoke electrical test, process control, and Internet of Things applications.
- The company has experienced significant growth in the last 5 years with their turnover more than tripling.
- Salary commensurate with experience, plus company pension, early finish on a Friday!
The Software Developer role will involve:
- The role will involve all phases of a project life cycle from estimation and requirements support, through to specification, software design and validation to documentation, signoff, training and support.
- Development, configuration and the creation of deployable packages under Windows environments and ARM/PIC embedded platforms.
- Software design and development utilising any of the following languages VB.Net / C# / C / C++ / T-SQL.
- Using and understanding a broad range of communications technologies.
- Researching, interfacing and developing API’s for components and peripherals using the above technologies.
This Software Engineer position is commutable from Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Stourbridge, Kidderminster, Tamworth, Lichfield, Solihull, Coventry, Redditch, Bromsgrove, Walsall, Cannock