Burton upon Trent
£31,500 to £38,000 per annum
2 months ago
- Hands on mechanical engineering role.
- Variety to get involved in the service, testing, and commissioning of locomotive related equipment.
Salary & Package: £31,500 to £38,000 per annum + bonus. 25 days holidays + banks. Hours of work 7.30 – 16.00 Mon to Thurs, and 7.30 – 12.30 Fri – some flexibility may be required on occasions due to site work involved.
As a service, test and commissioning technician you will be part of a small but growing team, working on locomotives. You will have responsibility for the production testing and support for all aftersales functions ensuring a smooth and continues operation of new and existing products.
Products range from 2 tonne to 135 tonne, powered by Diesel, electric, battery or hybrid technologies. Any experience around these technologies would be beneficial.
This role requires close working with all employees, including the Directors, Engineers and Support Personnel along with leasing with direct and indirect Customers.
During the first 6 – 12 months, as part of the training on the products, the successful person will be expected to:
- Work on the assembly in a fitting role (to gain product construction and layout experience)
- Work with the other Service, Test and Commissioning Engineer during testing (to gain product system knowledge)
- Work on site with the other Service, Test and Commissioning Engineer (to gain commissioning and support knowledge)
- Electrical experience bias with exposure to a wide range of systems
- Testing of products in final build
- Commissioning on site in a railway environment (or similar industry)
- Implementing upgrades and changes to a product on site
- Fault finding on a wide range of systems (PLC, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic)
To apply please contact Joe Parker at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.