over 1 year ago
Senior Sourcing Engineer
- Seeking a Sourcing Engineer with NPI experience to help support the product development process and drive sourcing activities within the product development team
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Sourcing Engineer to work within R&D environment and drive sourcing activities. Work alongside the Product Development team to support NPI projects, assessing and sourcing requirements whilst gauging what is feasible from an engineering angle. This is with a global business and requires good communication skills at all levels. The product features electronics / hardware so sourcing experience within a business that manufactures electronics or plastics would be useful.
Salary very flexible based on the level of experience the successful candidate can immediately bring to the role.
This Sourcing Engineer job will suit:
- A strong engineering background – preferably electro mechanical but we can be flexible on either electrical, electronics or mechanical skills.
- Industry experience – We can be fairly broad, but we do need someone who understands the engineering and sourcing processes within an electronics based product that features some form of hardware / software.
- Sourcing or purchasing skills – sourcing experience is a must, capable of cost analysis and proposing solutions based on what is feasible (both from a cost and engineering perspective). A qualification within this field would be an advantage, but not essential.
The Sourcing Engineer job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Opportunity to utilize both engineering and purchasing skills within a highly varied role.
- Work for a global business who have experienced strong stability throughout Covid and are growing.
- Very competitive and flexible salary structure for the successful candidate.
The Sourcing Engineer job will involve:
- Work alongside the R&D / Product Development team to identify requirements and support sourcing activities of materials. Challenge engineering concepts and help support the whole product lifecycle – from initial concept through to production.
- Identify sourcing opportunities / strategies having assessed what is feasible from both an engineering and cost perspective.
- Analysis of costings to identify the best possible route of product development.
This job is commutable from Nottingham.
Please contact Joe Parker at Euro Projects for more information.