£60,000 - £80,000
about 2 years ago
Modern production factory with mechanical engineering and automated manufacturing process supplying metal components into aerospace, energy, nuclear, automotive and scientific industry. This is an excellent job opportunity to build and develop the manufacturing team, introduce improved working methods and develop the manufacturing engineering strategy. West Midlands based.
Job’s Working Environment, Opportunities and Rewards:
- An established Engineering Company with stable customers in diverse industries
- The company is part of a larger engineering group
- Excellent starting salary – as a guideline up to £80,000 + benefits.
This job will involve:
- This role will look at labour costs and process efficiency across manufacturing processes.
- The role will interface with planning , maintenance, production engineering, supply chain and H&S
- TAKT time, six sigma and other statistical lean tools
- Skills needs analysis, cross training and resource planning.
- Overseeing standard production costs and labour hours.
- Line balancing, bottlenecks and floor layout
- Development and up skilling of people
- Manage people based culture change and people led lean events like Kaizen.
- To sustain and embed visual stream mapping and value added processes and drive it through the company.
This job will suit:
- Demonstrated record of culture change and setting the change agenda.
- Strong leadership style, setting clear objectives to management level reportees.
- Person with a track record of operational management in a manufacturing / metal components environment.
- Practical experience of the processes, manufacturing techniques and equipment associated with manufacturing
- A professional with the drive to implement change in culture.
- Sound knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and techniques
This job based in the West Midlands, close to Sutton Coldfield area of Birmingham.
To apply, please contact Jayne Baxter