£ Competitive Salary
9 months ago
Senior Design Engineer jobs role. British SME engineering / manufacturing organisation. Senior Mechanical Design Engineer role focussed on the design and manufacture of an innovative and broad range of agricultural machinery and equipment.
Are you a Design Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer with a mechanical engineering background and a passion for developing innovative products seeking Design Engineer jobs in Derbyshire?
This Senior Design Engineer job will suit:
- We are looking for a Design Engineer / Development Engineer that is passionate and excited about being able to really make your mark within an engineering SME.
- You will have experience of working within a Design Engineer or similar mechanical / design engineering focussed position.
- Any specific experience of any of the following would be beneficial; agricultural machinery design; sheet metal design; mechanical design of machined and welded components.
- Previous experience of using a 3D CAD package (SolidWorks or similar) is required.
- It is likely you hold a relevant qualification (Apprenticeship, HND, Degree) in a mechanical engineering or similar engineering discipline.
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- A British SME engineering / manufacturing organisation with a global reputation.
- The company design and manufacture an innovative and broad range of agricultural machinery and equipment.
- Salary Guideline: Commensurate with experience, 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, company pension, early finish on a Friday!
The Senior Design Engineer job will involve:
- This Senior Design Engineer role will involve working from cradle to grave on design for manufacture projects to deliver high quality products.
- Projects will be a combination of new product developments, modifications to existing products and providing engineering solutions to field based engineering problems.
- Produce 3D engineering models and 2D detail drawings using SolidWorks.
- Product / prototype testing when appropriate.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to drive projects to completion.