£40,000 to £45,000 per annum
7 months ago
Senior Design Engineer
- Newly created position within an R&D environment. Role focuses more on prototyping.
- Would suit a strong product design background and some electromechanical knowledge.
- Product includes motors, drives and other electrical parts so an appreciation of how they operate and impact mechanical design is important.
Great opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer who is looking to work on new products for an established business that have received significant investment within their R&D function. Experience of design for manufacture, and knowledge of electromechanical interfaces, would all be very relevant for this role. The company use Creo CAD package but are flexible for the right person – the electromechanical / design for manufacture experience are more important.
Salary & Package: c£40,000 to £45,000 as a guide. Hybrid working available once up to speed. 25 days holiday. Wider perks available
This Design Engineer job will suit:
- Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with good product design knowledge.
- Design for manufacturing experience is ideal for this role.
- Good knowledge of Creo CAD package (not essential).
- Some Electrical knowledge is needed. The product includes Motors, Drives etc. so some awareness of these types of components, and how they impact mechanical designs, is what we ideally need.
The Mechanical Design Engineer job will involve:
- Designing prototypes of new products with an emphasis on how the mechanical products interact with electrical components.
- Using Creo CAD package.
- Supporting new designs with manufacturing in mind. Parts are high volume.
- Project management duties updating customers along the way.
The Mechanical Design Engineer job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Opportunity to work within a R&D environment on new products. This is an established product range that are entering their next generation.
- Hybrid working available – there is a team dynamic working alongside electronics that will require occasional office-based work.
- Competitive salary to match your level of experience.
- Excellent working facility, global organisation with a strong backing.
This job is commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Leicester.
To apply please contact Joe Parker at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.