Commensurate with Experience
6 months ago
Senior Calibration Engineer, Leicestershire
- Senior Calibration Engineer jobs role, Automotive Development Engineer jobs role.
- Newly created Senior Calibration role within a vehicle engineering business that has an iconic brand recognised globally.
- You will be joining a business that is undertaking a significant investment program to innovate and grow their product range.
- Fantastic opportunity for a Calibration Engineer to lead and undertake the calibration engineering activities of an automotive engineering business.
- Role would suit a Calibration Engineer or Development Engineer with an automotive or vehicle powertrain engineering background.
- Salary commensurate with experience plus benefits package.
This Senior Calibration Engineer job will suit:
- A Calibration Engineer or Development Engineer with an automotive engineering / vehicle engineering background.
- Previous experience of production vehicle calibration and emission control experience is preferred.
- We are looking for a Calibration Engineer with practical experience of automotive fundamentals and working knowledge of the latest engine management systems and software.
- A Calibration Engineer that has both good knowledge and understanding of vehicle powertrain systems and chassis control strategies would be beneficial.
- You are likely to be degree qualified in a mechanical engineering or automotive engineering or motorsport engineering or similar engineering or science based discipline.
This Senior Calibration Engineer job will have the following responsibilities:
- This is a newly created position for a Senior Calibration Engineer to lead and undertake calibration engineering elements of vehicle engineering projects for road and race environments.
- Calibrate vehicle emission behaviour to meet program target emission standards whilst satisfying other vehicle attribute targets such as combustion noise, driveability and performance.
- Assist in powertrain development, problem solving and resolution
- Delivery of chassis control systems.
- Integrate drivability and performance targets alongside emissions.
- Assist in the electrical specification of vehicles.
- Provide testing support where necessary at proving ground, test track and overseas locations.
This Senior Calibration Engineer job is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Loughborough, Tamworth, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Uttoxeter, Hinckley, Melton Mowbray, Mansfield.
To apply please contact Luke Smith at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.