£35,000 - £40,000
2 months ago
Senior Buyer, Leicestershire
- Senior Buyer, Technical Buyer, Engineering Buyer, Purchasing jobs, Buyer jobs.
- Successful multi-national engineering / manufacturing organisation with offices in the UK, US and China.
- Senior Buyer role focused on sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials, components and services within an engineering / manufacturing business.
- Role would suit a Buyer with a good level of engineering knowledge and understanding.
- £35K - £40K salary range + bonus + company pension + early finish on a Friday!
Senior Buyer position with a successful manufacturer of products supplied in the UK and European Construction and Agricultural vehicle markets. The business is based in North West Leicestershire with a turnover of £12m and a dedicated team of 60 people.
A fantastic opportunity to lead the procurement function within a successful SME engineering business. This is a key role in the organisation to ensure the timely procurement of goods, materials, components and services to meet operational requirements and manufacturing timing plans.
This Senior Buyer job will suit:
- A Senior Buyer or Technical Buyer or Engineering Buyer accustomed to purchasing and procurement processes within an engineering / manufacturing business.
- We are looking for a purchasing professional with experience within the engineering or manufacturing industry. You don’t need to be an engineering but you must be able to understand and interpret an engineering drawing / technical specification.
- Excellent IT skills – advanced Excel skills for data analysis and producing spreadsheets; experience of using EPR / MRP systems.
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) would be beneficial.
The Senior Buyer job will involve:
- Sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials, components and services to meet operational requirements and manufacturing timing plans.
- Procurement of goods, materials and services with a focus on price, quality, delivery and continuity of supply.
- Strong link to engineering – you will take a design specification and translate into a technical, supplier RFQ.
- Work in close partnership with Engineering; Quality; Material Control teams to ensure quality, consistent supply, stock levels are all maintained as required.
- Negotiate contracts; improve prices and terms of business whilst developing strong relationships with suppliers through the application of best practice tools and methods.
The Senior Buyer job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- A stable, well-run and successful multi-national engineering / manufacturing organisation with offices and manufacturing plants in UK, US and China.
- They have been a growing business over the last 5 years and are continuing to secure new contracts in new markets.
- Salary commensurate with experience (£35K - £40K as a guide); profit related bonus, company pension and an early finish on a Friday!
This Senior Buyer job is commutable from Leicester, Coalville, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Tamworth, Hinckley, Market Bosworth, Loughborough, Derby, Long Eaton and the surrounding areas.
To apply please send your CV to Danny Turnock at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.