£40,000 to £45,000
about 1 year ago
Senior Buyer, Solihull
- Senior Buyer jobs, Category Buyer jobs.
- Newly created Senior Buyer role within a vehicle engineering business that has an iconic brand recognised globally.
- You will be joining a business that is undertaking a significant investment program to innovate and grow their product range.
- Fantastic opportunity for a Senior Buyer to develop and implement strategies for category buying (direct and indirect).
- £40,000 to £45,000 commensurate with experience, 5% company pension, 25 days holiday plus all public holidays and further benefits.
This Senior Buyer job will suit:
- A Senior Buyer or Purchasing professional or Category Manager with experience of working within an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- We are looking for a Senior Buyer who has strong experience of developing and implementing strategies for category buying.
- You will preferably be CIPS qualified.
- Previous experience of leading and managing other Buyers (direct or indirectly) would be beneficial.
This Senior Buyer job will have the following responsibilities:
- Newly created position for a Senior Buyer to take full responsibility for a defined purchasing channel (direct and indirect sourcing).
- Your role as Senior Buyer will have a strong focus on commercial management, strategy development (category strategy), implementation and supply chain management.
- Establish preferred suppliers for specific categories of spend, developing and implementing category strategy.
- Proactively manage key suppliers and identify opportunities for strategic agreements.
- Review supplier spend portfolio for cost saving opportunities and achieve cost downs on current bill of materials.
- Deliver procurement requirements to meet production demands.
This Senior Buyer job is commutable from Solihull, Birmingham, Coventry, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Coleshill, Tamworth, Redditch, Warwick.
To apply please send your CV to Luke Smith at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.