14 days ago
by agreement / asap
Senior Buyer, Permanent, £45-50,000, Cannock, WS7 3FX
- Buyer Purchasing job vacancy, permanent, salary £45-50,000.
- Medium sized multi-national engineering and manufacturing business.
- Purchasing a diverse BOMs across mechanical and electrical / electronics commodities and some indirect spend.
- The job involves purchasing procurement of mechanical, technical, electronic components, production materials in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
- There could also be some purchasing procurement support for NPI new product introduction purchasing projects.
- Depending on experience there will be opportunity to manage a group of suppliers, arranging regular performance reviews, getting feedback and increasing the inter-working relationship with supplier.
- Drive cost controls and in tandem with manufacturing KPI’s around quality, on time delivery, as well as costs. Building honest relationships in-keeping with a supplier-partnership objective.
- Drive accuracy and on-time delivery from the suppliers by working with colleagues in manufacturing, logistics, planning and the colleagues in the purchasing team.
This Senior Buyer job will suit:
- A person with experience as a Buyer or similar job in Purchasing or Procurement or supplier management in a manufacturing, industrial, production or engineering business.
- A person with the drive to work with suppliers in partnership, helping both parties to work accurately, efficiently and cost effectively.
- Experience of MRP / ERP systems and also with Excel spreadsheets will be needed.
The jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- The company is committed to best practice
- The business is a respected manufacturer with strong market share that has shown growth in 2020 and 2021.
- Excellent working environment with an exciting company
Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. Thank you for taking the time to apply.