£25,000 - £35,000
almost 2 years ago
Sales Engineer, S21, Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Sales engineer, technical sales role. This role will develop both technical and commercial skills. This business builds long term, collaborative relationships with their customers. This role will suit an articulate engineer who wants both a technical challenge and is customer facing. You need to have strong communication skills as well as the engineering intellect.
Excellent starting salary + bonus + Company Car. Fantastic job opportunity for an ambitious person to develop a career within an employer of choice in the South Yorkshire area.
This job will suit:
- Ideally knowledge of Engineering / Mechanical Engineering – Any machining, CNC, CMM, metrology experience is beneficial.
- Articulate Engineer looking for a Field Sales / Area Sales / Technical Sales type position.
- Experience in a Customer facing type role preferable – able to communicate effectively face to face and over the phone with a customer.
- They may be from a service, proposals, quotes, estimating, sales or contracts background.
- Above all else the right attitude and passionate about doing a good job.
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Lots of training and career development opportunities – looking for someone to establish a long term career within the business
- You will be given the chance to gain excellent experience in a well-rounded business / commercial focused position whilst it still remaining highly technical.
- Role created due to company growth, they are one of the world market leaders in what they do.
- Excellent starting salary + bonus + company car
- The culture is one of passion, enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn & improve. You will need to have a positive ‘can do’ attitude – you will be rewarded with diversity and excellent prospects.
The job will involve:
- Sales engineer out visiting customers in a given territory providing technical solutions.
- Travel throughout a patch in the UK – Full driving license required.
- Purpose of the job is to deliver demonstrations on the company’s latest technology & equipment, advise customers on what they need and build relationships.
- Solution based selling and building relationships with customers is key, elements of generating new clients as well as maintaining existing through effective Account Management.
- Full product training and induction process provided to get you up to speed.
This job is commutable from Sheffield, Eckington, Chesterfield, Worksop, Rotherham, Mansfield, Doncaster and the surrounding areas.