£30,000-35,000 + pension
9 months ago
Sales Account Manager Engineering
Mainly office based
£30-35,000 salary guideline + pension
- Sales Account Manager, engineering and manufacturing sector, mainly office based.
- Successful growing company that designs, manufactures and repairs medium to large mechanical engineering assemblies. They are specialists in safety critical components and have only a small number of competitors globally. They are a well respected global brand.
- They have long-term customers from sectors including renewable energy, marine and industrial sectors.
- This is a mainly office based Account Manager role, proactively contacting existing and lapsed customers to find Sales opportunities. There is a technical team that handle the technical side of putting together the quotes. So the Account Manager can focus on proactive client contact, and closing the sales order.
- Ideally suited to a person with some technical or engineering appreciation, and a great attitude towards proactively looking after customers and uncovering the next selling opportunity.
- They are doing well as a business, and this is an opportunity to build up the team.
- Proactive outbound sales contact with existing, lapsed and dormant customers.
- Finding engineering product sales opportunities and cross selling after sales services.
- Working with technical colleagues (they put together the engineering and costing data for you).
- Working from the office, communicating with customers by telephone, video and email. Roughly two face to face visits per month with UK customers. In the future there is some scope for some international visits (subject to travel restrictions).
- The key objectives are profitable sales and proactive sales customer relationships with existing and lapsed customers.
Are you suited to this job? You’ll need
- To be able to drive and travel to customers occasionally.
- Some appreciation of engineering or manufacturing (not loads).
- A great attitude towards proactively contacting existing and lapsed customers to help them and find sales opportunities.
Suitable for candidates based in Sheffield, Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”