£25-28,000 + pension
2 months ago
by agreement / asap
Quality Control Technician, Willenhall WV13, £28,000 + 10% pension
The Quality Control Technician will look after quality control and customer contact at a busy metals processing manufacturing engineering site. This involves being a first point of contact for customers and working with the production manager and quality manager to make sure quality problems are followed up and resolved. There will be some production process auditing and data collection as well as the liaison with customers and colleagues.
Key skills and Experience for the Quality Control Technician:
- Good communication skills suited to customer contact and also adaptable to dealing with Manufacturing Operatives and Production Managers.
- Happy to work in office and manufacturing work spaces. Able to travel to suppliers/customers.
- An eye for detail, able to collect and check data accurately.
- A customer-care attitude, with a natural sense of getting things done, following up and resolving issues.
- Experience in manufacturing and quality is ideal, together with the desire to learn more and develop your skillset.
- Any knowledge of ISO9001, professional quality management systems, 8D, 5Y, data collection, SPC, or internal auditing in a manufacturing engineering production facility will be an advantage.
This Quality Control Technician job is with a leading employer with a long term view towards the business and the people within it.
Typical day to day activities will include:
- Ensuring compliance to QMS on day to day basis with support/guidance of Group Quality Manager
- Liaising with customers on a daily basis for quality related issues/concerns/complaints
- Overseeing whole complaint process and ensuring complaints closed with root cause and preventative measures in place
- Be the "Go to" person for quality on site, working closely with Production and Production Control Manager to develop and ensure consistent quality across all shifts by use of SOP's/Special Instructions/Coaching and Mentoring.
- Carry out audits and checks to support delivery of consistent quality, coaching and mentoring Operators.
This job is commutable from Wolverhampton, Walsall, Willenhall, Dudley
To apply please contact Ian Yoxen at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”