Commensurate with Experience
almost 2 years ago
Purchasing Manager, Leicestershire
- Purchasing Manager, Senior Buyer, Supply Chain Manager jobs role.
- Newly created Purchasing Manager role within a vehicle engineering business that has an iconic brand recognised globally.
- SME £6m t/o; 55 headcount business that is undertaking a significant investment program to innovate and grow their product range.
- Fantastic opportunity for a Purchasing Manager to develop a supply chain function and build a robust infrastructure to support the growth of the business.
- Role would suit a Purchasing Manager, Senior Buyer, Supply Chain Manager with a proven track record of developing and implementing supply chain systems and processes.
- Salary commensurate with experience plus benefits package.
This Purchasing Manager job will suit:
- A Purchasing Manager or Senior Buyer or Supply Chain Manager with a proven track record of developing supply chain / procurement processes within engineering or manufacturing environments.
- Experience of working within an engineering / manufacturing SME business is preferred (purchasing mechanical and electrical/electronic products and supplies).
- You will need purchasing and supply chain experience, developed in small or medium sized engineering businesses (mix of strategy and at the coal face).
- CIPS qualified (or equivalent)
- Experienced with MRP / ERP systems and strong Excel skills, able to handle and manipulate data.
This Purchasing Manager job will have the following responsibilities:
- This is a newly created position for a Purchasing Manager to lead and develop a purchasing function and the supply chain strategy within a vehicle engineering business during a rapid period of growth.
- Review, develop, optimise as appropriate all existing supply chain systems and processes to create a first class purchasing / procurement function.
- Managing supplier relationships and negotiate commercial terms with suppliers.
- Supplier visits, audits and management of supplier quality control.
- Cost and stock control.
- Develop and manage an MRP System.
- Develop of department KPIs.
- Support the development of purchasing specifications for material, components or products.
This Purchasing Manager job is commutable from Leicester, Loughborough, Tamworth, Derby, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Coventry, Lutterworth.
To apply please contact Luke Smith at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.