30000 - 34000 + Pension
5 months ago
ST21 - Stafford / Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Purchasing, supply chain management and stock planning in a manufacturing production factory with small and medium volumes. Purchasing and supply chain tends to medium-term planning, some are long lead. Low number of SKU’s. The Purchasing Manager covers raw material purchasing and supplier management in an established production process factory. There is opportunity to modernise the approach to supply chain, purchasing, stores, supply chain flow and supplier analysis. Improve stock levels. Introduce Lean principles. Monitor supplier performance. Work with top management team to modernize manufacturing processes.
Salary Guideline: £30,000 - £34,000 + pension.
- Are you a senior buyer / supply chain coordinator with professional experience looking for career progression?
- Have you got good knowledge of purchasing and supply chain systems, LEAN principles of planning and MRP / ERP systems? They use Navision.
- Are you a creative, analytical person who is always looking at ways to improve processes and is willing to try new ideas?
- A recognised qualification in purchasing, supply chain or business management (or related) would be preferred but not essential
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Professional, ambitious manufacturing company with motivated staff throughout.
- Company with an established client base including leading UK and European manufacturers, and a growing order book.
- Career progression. This is an opportunity to replace a retiring manager and to join a new leadership team and become part of the future success of the business.
This job is commutable from Stafford, Stoke-On-Trent, Telford, Cannock, Crewe and surrounding areas in Staffordshire.