£35,000 - £40,000
2 months ago
Purchasing Manager, Leicestershire
- Purchasing Manager, Procurement Manager, Senior Buyer jobs.
- Successful multi-national engineering / manufacturing organisation with offices in the UK, US and China.
- Purchasing Manager, Procurement Manager role focused on sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials, components and services within an engineering / manufacturing business.
- This isn’t team management but you will be running the procurement function for an SME business – there is plenty of freedom and opportunity for you to develop processes your own way!
- £35K - £40K salary range + bonus + company pension + early finish on a Friday!
A fantastic opportunity to lead the procurement function within a successful SME engineering business. This is a key role in the organisation to ensure the timely procurement of goods, materials, components and services to meet operational requirements and manufacturing timing plans.
This Purchasing Manager job will suit:
- A Purchasing Manager or Procurement Manager accustomed to purchasing and procurement processes within an engineering / manufacturing business.
- We are looking for a purchasing professional with experience within the engineering or manufacturing industry. You don’t need to be an engineering but you must be able to understand and interpret an engineering drawing / technical specification.
- Excellent IT skills – advanced Excel skills for data analysis and producing spreadsheets; experience of using EPR / MRP systems.
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) would be beneficial.
The Purchasing Manager job will involve:
- Sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials, components and services to meet operational requirements and manufacturing timing plans.
- Procurement of goods, materials and services with a focus on price, quality, delivery and continuity of supply.
- Strong link to engineering – you will take a design specification and translate into a technical, supplier RFQ.
- Work in close partnership with Engineering; Quality; Material Control teams to ensure quality, consistent supply, stock levels are all maintained as required.
- Negotiate contracts; improve prices and terms of business whilst developing strong relationships with suppliers through the application of best practice tools and methods.
The Purchasing Manager job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- A stable, well-run and successful multi-national engineering / manufacturing organisation with offices and manufacturing plants in UK, US and China.
- They have been a growing business over the last 5 years and are continuing to secure new contracts in new markets.
- Salary commensurate with experience (£35K - £40K as a guide); profit related bonus, company pension and an early finish on a Friday!
This Senior Buyer job is commutable from Coalville, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Tamworth, Hinckley, Market Bosworth, Leicester, Loughborough, Derby, Long Eaton and the surrounding areas.
To apply please send your CV to Danny Turnock at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.