£ Competitive Salary
about 2 months ago
Procurement and buying of raw materials and industrial factory consumables. The Purchasing Manager will control purchasing including cost downs, dual sourcing, supplier performance analysis, vendor rating, inventory control. This role will be suited to someone that has been a Buyer or Purchasing Mananger, who has experience in buying chemical based products, adhesives etc (see below)
This job will suit:
- A person with a Purchasing, Buying or Procurement background, probably with experience of working industrial, manufacturing, production type workplaces.
- Experience should include costs control, cost down, vendor selection and dual sourcing, vendor rating and inventory control.
- The ability to work with colleagues in sales, production planning, warehouse and finance teams will be important.
- Supplier relationship, supplier management, Supplier rating, vendor rating, supplier quality performance (product quality, on time delivery, keep their promises), is a key to the success of this role.
- Experience of using ERP systems would be important.
- Some experience of team leading would be useful.
- A back ground in businesses that buy chemicals, fertiliser, plastics, petroleum derived products, epoxy, resin, elastomer, polyester, polyethylene (PE), HDPE, acrylic, polypropylene (PP), polymer, monomer, synthetic, inorganic chemistry, petrochemicals, ammonia, pigment, dyes, colourants, paint, ink, soap, cosmetics, toiletries, bleach, cleaning products, personal care products, phenol, chlorine, acids (sodium hydroxide, sulfuric, nitric), solvent, polyamide, adhesive, coatings.
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- An established business, good job security, and a diverse customer base.
- Professional business with formal quality accreditaions, and a commitment to developing people.
This job is commutable from Lichfield, Ashby, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield, Atherstone, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Coleshill.
To apply please contact Dawn McKenna at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd