£ Competitive Salary
6 months ago
Experienced Supervisor or Production Team Leader to work within a castings manufacturer. Hands on position to help support the production team achieve weekly targets. Knowledge of fabrication processes would be highly transferable into this position. Some of the production techniques include shot blasting and manual grinding to help deburr imperfections and improve quality. The manufacturing process in general follows the practices of a production line but is not automated.
Salary: Flexible depending on experience. Shift premium of 18.5% is also added.
This position is based on a rotating shift pattern, covering mornings and afternoons. Specific hours are;
- Shift 1: 6:00am – 2:00pm Monday to Thursday, and 6:00am to 1:00pm on a Friday.
- Shift 2: 2:00pm – 10:00pm Monday to Thursday, and 1:00pm to 8:00pm on a Friday
This job will suit:
- An experienced Production Supervisor who has worked within a fabrication or automotive environment. Someone who is process driven and has a varied understanding of manufacturing techniques. There is little man management duties required as the team is fairly small and trained to a good standard.
- Capable of working a rotating day shift – mornings and afternoons.
- Any previous experience of working within the automotive sector would also be an advantage.
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- An engineering / manufacturing business with a difference, the business is passionate about making sure their employees feel valued and actually enjoy coming to work.
- Working within a forge environment.
- Loyalty is a core value – a number of employees have been with the business for long periods of time and they have very low staff turnover.
- The culture is one of passion, enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn & improve with the business. You will need to have a positive ‘can do’ attitude – you will be rewarded with diversity and excellent prospects.
The job will involve:
- Supervising the manufacturing team for your shift. Ensuring production targets are achieved and quality standards remain high.
- Ensuring machinery is working correctly and Health & Safety is followed at all times.
- Managing work flow within the production team.
- Carrying out TPM processes to help minimize downtime.
This job is commutable from Northampton, Milton Keynes, Kettering, Daventry
To apply please contact Joe Parker at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.