£33000 & pension
4 months ago
by agreement / asap
Production Shift Supervisor, Washington, £33000 & pension
- Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Shift Leader vacancy with a growing business.
- The company has a secure order book stretching out over the next six years and is growing.
- The job manages 20 shop floor manufacturing staff.
- You will work on the rotating shift pattern; Mon-Fri 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, 10pm-6am.
- Shop floor based role ensuring manufacturing is delivering on time by organising staff levels, supporting your team leaders, and overseeing safety, quality, materials flow, and monitoring KPI’s to ensure delivery on time in full.
The business encourages a “safety” first culture on the shop floor and there will be also be some opportunities with Continuous Improvement Lean Manufacturing activities.
The jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Work within a high performing advanced engineering team.
- The company offers good job security with big chunks of their order book confirmed for the next 6 to 7 years.
- A well organised business with a good understanding of each persons responsibilities.
- Starting salary plus the enhancement for shift-work totals up to about £35,500 plus pension.
- Company operates 3 shifts pattern over 5 days. Rotating early, afternoons and night shifts.
This job will suit:
- An experienced production, manufacturing supervisor from a relevant engineering, manufacturing background.
- Shopfloor knowledge of lean manufacturing continuous improvement, maybe SMED, 5S, 5Y, Kaizen, etc.
- A person committed to improving Health & Safety culture.
This position is commutable from Washington, Gateshead, Sunderland, Tyneside and surrounding areas.
To apply please contact Ian Yoxen at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”