AD - EPR095731a
6 months ago
Product Development Manager (coatings) – Nottingham – NG10
Opportunity for a Product Development Manager to join an established manufacturing business, part of international group of businesses. In this brand new role the Product Development Manager will report to the UK MD, working closely with technical, engineering, sales and marketing colleagues, managing projects.
The key challenge in this role is to understand customer objectives alongside new and current market trends to steer and facilitate product development. This will involve travelling to see customers and colleagues in Europe and USA, leading and coordinating customer relationships, researching new technologies and facilitating good communication between all departments.
Salary & Package: £45,000 - £60,000 negotiable depending on experience.
This job will suit:
- An excellent communicator, influencer and facilitator
- Degree qualified engineer or scientist with considerable experience of project management
- Experience within manufacturing environment essential. Background with polymer coatings, technical textile or medical products such as wound care or dressings desirable, but not essential.
- There will be occasional travel within Europe and USA.
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Established company with a strong market position and ongoing growth plans, part of an international group of businesses.
- Well organised, structured manufacturing company with professional, motivated staff throughout the site.
- The company supplies a specialist technical product to businesses in the UK, USA and Europe. The product has a good technical reputation. The company has a good customer base in Europe.
- Reporting to Managing Director, based at the Nottingham office with travel to Europe and USA.
The job will involve:
- Take a key role in developing new products with guidance on material development.
- Produce and manage full project plans – Cradle to Grave approach to deliver on-time to market.
- Keep abreast of market trends in territories and segments which could affect future product opportunities and developments.
- Act as a key link between technical, manufacturing, sourcing & logistics to forecast demand and capacity planning to ensure on-time delivery of projects.
- Initiate, organise and control the information flow between marketing and manufacturing on all technical and marketing aspects (e.g. product positioning, pricing, lead times, new Product and material developments and competitor activity).
- Consistently arm the sales force with the sales tools needed to be effective.
- Serve as the key link in relaying customer and market segment needs to the business.
Reference: AD - EPR095731a
Commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Lincoln, Grantham, Leicester, Loughborough and surrounding areas.
To apply please contact Anna Daca at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.