£ Competitive Salary
3 months ago
Design Engineer / Product Designer role with a manufacturing company producing a range of innovative products for the healthcare sector.
Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer / Product Design Engineer / Industrial Design Engineer seeking product design, consumer product design jobs in the Worcester, Hertfordshire, Gloucester area?
Salary commensurate with experience + benefits.
This job will suit:
- We are looking for a Design Engineer / Product Design Engineer that is passionate and excited about being able to really make your mark within a manufacturing / engineering SME.
- A Design Engineer with a sound understanding of engineering principles and manufacturing methods with a flair for product design.
- You will enjoy taking a concept / engineering problem and developing a working, fully engineered solution that can be manufactured.
- Specific experience of any of the following would be beneficial; metal machining; fabrication; injection moulding; vacuum forming; consumer product design.
- Previous experience of using a 3D CAD package (SolidWorks or similar) is required.
- You will ideally be degree qualified in mechanical engineering, product design engineering, industrial design or similar discipline.
The jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Multi-site £12m t/o manufacturing business with growth plans to reach £20m t/o.
- Established multiple product lines – they design, develop, test and manufacture innovative products for the healthcare sector.
- Salary commensurate with experience + benefits.
The job will involve:
- Managing design / development projects from concept through to production – this will include new products as well as modifications to existing products.
- Interpret product design specifications and turn them into design drawings to produce a product component assembly design.
- Testing of products and components that you have designed, using facilities available to the department.
- Work closely with the production engineering department to further develop design for production.
To apply, please contact Jack Ludford