£28,000 to £32,000 per annum
2 months ago
- Procurement role focused on sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials, components and services within an engineering / manufacturing business.
- £28,000 - £32,000 salary range + company pension + early finish on a Friday!
A fantastic opportunity to join a purchasing and supply chain team. This is a key role in the organisation to ensure the timely procurement of goods, materials, components and services to meet operational requirements and manufacturing timing plans.
This Procurement Officer job will suit:
- A Buyer or Purchasing Coordinator of Procurment Officer accustomed to purchasing and procurement processes within an engineering / manufacturing business.
- Excellent IT skills – advanced Excel skills for data analysis and producing spreadsheets; experience of using EPR / MRP systems.
- You are likely to hold a relevant qualification in a business or engineering or manufacturing discipline.
- Ongoing or complete CIPS studies would be beneficial but not essential.
The Procurement Officer job will involve:
- Sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials, components and services to meet operational requirements and manufacturing timing plans.
- Buying of goods, materials and services with a focus on price, quality, delivery and continuity of supply.
- Work in close partnership with Engineering; Quality; Material Control teams to ensure quality, consistent supply, stock levels are all maintained as required.
- Negotiate contracts; improve prices and terms of business whilst developing strong relationships with suppliers through the application of best practice tools and methods.
The Buyer job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- A stable, well-run and successful engineering / manufacturing organisation.
- Excellent opportunity to oversee day to day buying activities. You will gain stacks of wider experience and skills.
- SME business, very personable team.
This Procurement Officer job is commutable from Lincoln.
To apply please send your CV to Joe Parker at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.