6 months ago
Principal Mechanical Engineer
- Flexibility to work remotely (with the odd requirement to attend the office, in the Milton Keynes area, for supplier meetings).
- Rail based opportunity, with projects focusing on the development of new eco / green technologies.
- Position has been created from growth.
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Engineer who has worked across the Rail sector. This leading business are rapidly growing, focusing more towards green projects and developing rolling stock technology. As Principal Engineer, this role will focus on the structural housing of these new green technologies (Hydrogen fuel cells, batteries etc).
Salary & Package: Fairly open on salary for the right person and what they can bring to the business. £60,000+ as an initial guide.
This Principal Mechanical Engineer job will suit:
- An experienced Lead Engineer or Principal Engineer with prior experience working on mechanical rolling stock projects.
- Any wider exposure to green projects, such as battery / fuel cell housing, would be a significant advantage.
- Have a depth of experience across different disciplines (design, material procurement, validation, installation etc.) for turnkey projects, whilst being comfortable leading a small team of Engineers.
The Principal Mechanical Engineer job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Rapidly expanding Rail market leader who have a strong order book of projects.
- Opportunity to lead new mechanical projects and help implement new technology into the sector.
- Flexibility to work remotely. The only time you will be required in the office is for Supplier meetings. The company are happy to offer a mix if that is preferred. Ultimately the choice is mostly yours.
The Principal Mechanical Engineer job will involve:
- Delivering solutions to a range of engineering problems related to passenger and freight rolling stock.
- Support the Head of Engineering Technical and Project Manager by managing the engineering solutions.
- Produce non-drawing technical documentation associated with a project, and support the design department in the production of engineering drawings.
- Identify and specify components, providing technical support to the procurement team.
- Work to agreed procedures for the control of all drawings and documentation.
To apply please contact Joe Parker at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.