Commensurate with Experience
6 months ago
Principal Engineer, Uttoxeter
- Principal Engineer jobs role. Engineering Manager jobs role.
- Established, successful vehicle engineering business with a strong order book.
- Principal Engineer role that combines both technical and people leadership responsibilities.
- Role would suit a Senior Level Mechanical Engineer or Engineering Manager with a vehicle or automotive powertrain engineering background.
- Salary commensurate with experience plus excellent company pension, private healthcare, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Are you a Principal Engineer or Engineering Manager or Lead Engineer with a vehicle or automotive powertrain engineering background seeking engineering jobs in Derby, engineering jobs in Uttoxeter, engineering jobs in Staffordshire?
The Principal Engineer job will suit:
- A Senior Level Mechanical Engineer or Engineering Manager with a vehicle or automotive powertrain engineering background.
- We are looking for a candidate that has a sound understanding of what is happening ‘under the bonnet’ of a vehicle e.g. design, development and systems integration considerations of engines, transmissions and associated components.
- Previous experience of leading teams of Engineers is preferred – this does not have to be big teams.
- You will be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of a business.
- You are likely to be degree qualified in a mechanical engineering, automotive engineering or similar engineering discipline.
The Principal Engineer job will involve:
- Leading a team of Engineers (5 – 10 at any one time); this will include providing technical leadership and supporting their personal development.
- Organisation of resources across multiple projects to ensure delivery of priorities.
- Technical decision making personally and obtaining technical decisions to ensure project progression.
- Creating system and component specifications and designs.
- Developing system and component FMEAs and DVPs.
- Write systems test and development technical reports.
- Supplier liaison and management.
To apply, please send your CV to Luke Smith at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.