£50,000 to £60,000
8 months ago
Principal Design Engineer jobs role. International automotive engineering / manufacturing organisation. Working within an engineering design and development team on OEM customer programmes. Role is split between the design of products (pumping and hydraulic applications) and providing technical leadership / direction (not people management) to Design and Senior Design Engineers. It is roughly an 80% design focussed / 20% leadership split.
Salary & Package: £50K - £60K dependent upon experience. Benefits include a profit share bonus, company pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and life assurance. Free onsite parking.
This Principal Design Engineer job will suit:
- An experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with a strong engineering design and design analysis / calculations background.
- We are ideally seeking a Senior Design Engineer with some exposure the design and development of products involving mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies for medium to high volume quantities.
- We also really need somebody with experience of providing leadership to engineers working on design and development projects – not complete department / people management, just technical leadership on a project by project basis.
- Previous experience of using Creo / Pro/Engineer CAD would be advantageous but similar CAD systems e.g. SolidWorks is absolutely fine.
- You are likely to be degree qualified in a mechanical engineering, automotive engineering or similar engineering or science based discipline.
Job Working Environment, Opportunities and Rewards:
- International engineering / manufacturing organisation with a global customer base within the automotive sector.
- 200 headcount business in the UK, this role sits within an engineering design and development team with a reputation for innovative engineering solutions.
- Circa £50K - £60K dependent upon experience. Benefits include a profit share bonus, company pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and life assurance. Free onsite parking.
The Chief Design Engineer job will involve:
- You will be joining an engineering design and development team responsible for the design and development of products for customer engineering programs.
- Role will include mechanical design; mechanical analysis (strength and fatigue); technical leadership and support to Design Engineers; CAD design; report writing.
This Principal Design Engineer job is commutable from Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth, Coventry, Solihull, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Lichfield, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Hinckley, Cannock.