3 months ago
Engineering /manufacturing SME. Operations Manager / Head of Operations. Operations Director potential. £18m t/o. 100 headcount. Profitable (not a turnaround). 15% year on year growth. High margin electro mechanical assembly with complex BOM / kitting / design and development of high speed machines and systems. Brand new multi-million pound facility. High CXAPEX budget
Are you looking for Operations Director jobs, Operations Manager jobs or Head of Operations jobs in the Nottingham, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Sheffield, Derby, Loughborough, Burton regions? Are you seeking a profitable engineering / manufacturing business where you can have a big impact?
Please note this is low to medium volume electro-mechanical assembly. You will ideally have exposure to working in multi-disciplined engineering companies (i.e., where there is a mechanical, electrical, software and assembly types of functions)
The Operations Manager jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Established and profitable engineering / manufacturing SME (approx. £18m t/o. 100 headcount). 15% year on year growth.
- Low to medium volume manufacturing (so not Six Sigma but still a push for lean and CI). Kitting, BOMs, drive improvements to SAP ERP/MRP system
- Evolution rather than revolution – you will be joining a successful, profitable manufacturing / engineering business (OTIF is good, gross margins are excellent)
- Direct reports are in design, projects, service, warehouse, workshop. Settled team of managers who are engaged and performing.
- Due to the varied nature of the business, your job will be diverse, interesting and stimulating. No two days are the same!
This Ops Director jobs role will suit:
- An Operations Director or General Manager or Operations Manager who has a track record of improving engineering SMEs / manufacturing SMEs
- Alternatively you could be a Production Manager / Manufacturing Manager with drive, passion and a desire to step up into an Operations Manager / Operations Director jobs role
- Experience in engineering / manufacturing SMEs with low to medium volume assembly and manufacture would be highly beneficial, giving that “wear a number of hats” experience.
- Track record of making practical improvements in that engineering SME context, whether that be implementing a new ERP / MRP system or driving lean / continuous improvement activities
- An Operations Manager / Operations Director / General Manager who wants to make a successful business even more successful
This Operations Manager jobs role is based near Sheffield, commutable from Sheffield, Nottingham, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Derby, Loughborough, Burton
To apply for this job, please contact Sophie via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More jobs like this are advertised at europrojects.co.uk