£65,000 to £80,000
2 months ago
The job is suited to an experienced Operational Leader ideally in an SME with manual / low volume / batch assembly production processes. The overall mission of the Operations Director will be People Leadership and Staff Engagement across the manufacturing, logistics, quality and supply chain activities.
Salary & Package: £65,000+ as a guideline
Working Environment, Opportunities and Rewards:
Fantastic company culture with a friendly modern approach to management.
Established SME who predominantly work within the pharmaceutical, motorcycle, and industrial machinery sectors.
The role will involve:
- Taking ownership of Operations which includes Manufacturing, Logistics, Quality, H&S and Supply Chain.
- Working with the wider business on continuous improvement projects to improve planning, scheduling and forecasting e.g.; (materials, labour, bottleneck, stock holding and supply chain activities).
- Setting clear goals and objectives for Managers and Team Leaders, as part of a wider Operations Plan which creates efficiency across the whole business.
- Implementing Six Sigma / continuous improvement at shop floor level to achieve tangible operational efficiency and staff engagement, using grass-roots techniques such as SMED, 5Why, 5S, Kaizen, etc.
- Working as part of the leadership team which includes the Financial Director, Sales Director, Engineering Director and Technical Director.
This role will suit a person:
- With experience of production operations management ideally in an SME with manual / low volume/ batch assembly production processes.
- With a production engineering or technical background.
- With leadership and continuous improvement experience in manufacturing businesses with diverse processes and a bias towards labour-heavy manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Qualifications useful for this role may include professional or vocational qualification; lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, leadership, management or further education to HND or degree level
Job Reference: JB-EPR134637-EP
This position is commutable from Cambridgeshire and surrounding areas.