£ Competitive Salary
25 days ago
Manufacturing SME. Operations Director / General Manager. £7m t/o. 60+ headcount. Profitable (not a turnaround). High margin bespoke products into regulated industries. Double digit growth for past 10 years. Newly created Operations Director jobs role. Drive improvements to manufacturing / production, quality, warehouse, supply chain.
Are you looking for Operations Director jobs, Operations Manager jobs or General Manager jobs in the Nottingham, Derby, Loughborough, Leicester regions? Are you seeking a profitable engineering / manufacturing business where you can have a big impact?
Please note this is a manufacturing business involved with the manufacture of bespoke batch manufactured plastic parts (so any exposure to plastics, composites, polymers, materials science, injection moulding, silicone etc) would be beneficial. However the key really is someone who has worked within evolving and growing manufacturing SMEs; supplying into regulated industries (medical, automotive, rail, pharmaceutical, aerospace or similar)
The Director of Operations jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Established and profitable engineering / manufacturing SME (approx. £7m t/o. 60 headcount). Double digit growth for past 10 years
- Company get involved with supplying batch manufactured parts into highly regulated industries (medical, aero, pharma, automotive etc)
- Medium volume manufacturing (so not Six Sigma but still a push for lean and CI)
- Evolution rather than revolution – you will be joining a successful engineering / manufacturing business
- Due to the varied nature of the business, your job will be diverse, interesting and stimulating. No two days are the same!
This Ops Director jobs role will suit:
- An Operations Director or General Manager or Operations Manager who has a track record of improving engineering SMEs / manufacturing SMEs
- Alternatively you could be a Production Manager with drive, passion and a desire to step up into an Operations Director jobs role / Production Director jobs role or similar
- Experience in engineering / manufacturing SMEs with medium volume manufacturing would be highly beneficial, giving that “wear a number of hats” experience.
- Track record of making practical improvements in that engineering SME context, whether that be implementing a new ERP / MRP system or driving lean / continuous improvement activities
- An Operations Director / General Manager who wants to make a successful business even more successful
This Operations Director / General Manager jobs role is based near Nottingham commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, Loughborough, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Burton on Trent
To apply for this job, please contact Sophie