£55-60,000 salary + pension
22 days ago
by agreement / asap
Mainly office based
£55,000-60,000 salary guideline + 5% pension
Metallurgist for a product design and manufacture engineering business with safety critical products. The Metallurgist will provide expert metallurgy input from product design stages, and onwards through manufacturing and inspection. Exciting opportunity to be involved at all stages.
- Provide specialist materials and metallurgist knowledge to design, manufacture and inspection.
- Work with colleagues and customers to agree metal specifications at early stages of product design and costings.
- Ensure metals specification and metal treatment processes are accurately defined in work instructions, quality documentation and in documentation for sub contracted suppliers.
- Support investigation into product deviations and non conformances.
Salary & Package: around £55-60k salary + 5% pension and benefits depending on experience.
This job will suit:
- Degree in Metallurgy or similar IOM3 recognised qualification relating to metallurgy.
- Strong understanding of heat treatment, hot forging, spinning, cold drawing and similar.
- Ability to work with customers and colleagues in a engineering business with deadlines and budget objectives.
- Ability to Knowledge of NDT processes is useful (UT, MPI & DPI).
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Friendly, professional, open and supportive company culture.
- Diverse customer base, specialist manufacturing to advanced engineering sectors
- The company develops their own technology and has a worldwide reputation in their product niches
Suitable for candidates based in Sheffield, Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.