£44,000 earnings overall (£29k base + extra pay for travel days)
2 months ago
by agreement / asap
Mechanical Fitter Field Engineer
Upto £44,000 pay + pension
Sheffield Meadowhall area
Mechanical Fitter travelling to sites in the UK and overseas to engineering sites. Mechanical assembly, engineering inspection, installation and commissioning of mechanical equipment. Based from Sheffield, lots of travel, varied job.
This Mechanical Fitter Field Engineer job will suit a mechanical engineer or mechanical fitter with engineering skills like:
- assembly of valves, pipes, pumps.
- metal cutting, burning, welding.
- basic machining lathes, milling and turning.
- fault finding and repair of mechanical operational equipment (pressure pipes, pneumatic, hydraulic, vacuums, pumps).
You will also need to be
- Able to work in confined spaces. This is a practical job which requires the job holder to work under and over equipment, manual lifting, climbing over obstacles and getting into confined spaces.
- Able to travel to UK and overseas customer sites with a few nights away from home. Job holders are paid extra for the flexibility that is required when travelling. You will need the flexibility to work non-standard working hours as part of the travel.
The role is mainly a travelling role visiting engineering, industrial and military sites.
The overall pay level for the role includes a basic salary and extra pay for the travel. This adds up to approximately £44,000 + pension.
What is it like to work there?
- The company has a specialised product and customers worldwide.
- They are a design and manufacture business and are regularly innovating their products.
- The company is part of a global company, and the UK team is growing.
- Very friendly, professional and conscientious team, we high calibre senior leaders.
- This is a market leader within their industry and a highly reputable engineering business.
Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.