£30,000 to £40,000
9 days ago
Design Engineer jobs role. Complex electromechanical systems which have mechanical, electronic and software elements. Opportunity to design bespoke engineering systems for blue chip customers. Flexible and agile business, diverse products and projects.
Are you seeking Design Engineer jobs, Mechanical Engineer jobs in Sheffield / South Yorkshire. This is a growing, friendly and highly innovative engineering / manufacturing business.
Salary Range: £30K - £40K commensurate with experience, 33 days holiday, company pension contribution, company bonus, early finish on a Friday!
This Mechanical Design Engineer job will suit:
- A Mechanical Design Engineer with experience of producing mechanical design solutions using 3D CAD ideally for electromechanical, material handling, automated equipment or similar applications.
- Any specific experience of designing any of the following would be preferable; pneumatics, hydraulics, gearing, mechanisms, fabrication, sheet metal, jigs, fixtures, electromechanical controls (PLCs).
- Previous experience of using SolidWorks CAD is preferred but experience of using similar CAD packages such as Inventor or Creo is absolutely fine.
- You are likely to be degree qualified in a mechanical engineering, computer aided engineering or similar engineering discipline.
Job Working Environment, Opportunities and Rewards:
- World leading design and manufacturer of electromechanical systems and provider of full turnkey solutions for all sizes of industrial application, integrating robotics, machine vision and automation.
- They operate from sites in the UK, USA, France and India serving an extensive customer base.
- Current headcount in Sheffield is circa 100 people. Current turnover is £10m.
- £30K - £40K commensurate with experience, 33 days holiday, company pension contribution, company bonus, early finish on a Friday!
The Mechanical Design Engineer job will involve:
- The company work in partnership with blue chip OEM customers across the automotive, aerospace and other advanced technology sectors to produce state of the art turnkey engineering solutions.
- You will produce mechanical design solutions to meet customer engineering requirements for bespoke electromechanical engineering systems – automated product handling equipment.
- Design new products from first principles to take a customer concept through to producing an engineering design solution.
- Projects take typically 6 – 12 weeks as an approx. guide, although large, more complex projects take much longer.
This Design Engineer job is commutable from Sheffield, Rotherham, Chesterfield, Worksop, Doncaster, Mansfield, Barnsley, Matlock, Bakewell, South Yorkshire, Derbyshire.