£33,000 to £37,000 as a guide
over 1 year ago
Mechanical Design Engineer
- Varied position that is also hands on – not just behind a CAD station all day.
- Remote / Hybrid working model available. The company require at least one day in the office per week but you then have the choice as to how you would like to work the other four days.
Design Engineering position that also retains some hands on duties, specifically supporting prototyping and testing of products. There is a projects focus to the role, liaising with customers and ensuring projects are delivered to schedule. Prior experience with hydraulics design would be an advantage but not essential. The company use Inventor CAD package.
Salary: c£33,000 to £37,000 as a guide. Possible flexibility around this for the right person.
The jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- An excellent opportunity for a dynamic Mechanical Design Engineer to join a growing SME engineering business.
- Flexible home working / hybrid model available, we are looking for someone who can at least do one day a week in the office but you can choose whether to work the other days remotely or within the office.
- The company can offer career development potential alongside providing high levels of reward, interest and diversity.
The job will involve:
- You will play a lead role in the development of new products through mechanical design, prototype manufacture, test and production engineering.
- Producing product designs using 3D CAD.
- Working with production / manufacturing / production colleagues to contribute to the overall development and manufacture of products.
This job will suit:
- You will need to be an experienced mechanical engineer with a broad base of skills in mechanical design / 3D CAD.
- Ideally you will have experience of mechanical equipment such as pumps, hydraulics, valves, gears, actuators or similar equipment.
- Ability to not just do ‘mechanical design’ but work closely with production / manufacturing to contribute to the overall design for manufacture / product development process.
This job is commutable from Salisbury, Bristol, Southampton, Bath, Reading.
To apply please contact Joe Parker at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.