£32,000 to £36,000 + OT
4 months ago
Marine Electronics Engineer
- The position offers a mix of projects-based activities within the office, whilst supporting field installations, services, and repairs on naval units.
- Flexibility to travel occasionally is required for this position.
- The business have a very strong order book and are a well established business within their sector.
We are currently recruiting for an Electronics Engineer position within an established SME that provide a range of navigation and communication systems to a range of naval units.
Due to continued growth, the business is looking for an experienced Engineer who can offer flexibility between projects-based activities whilst working in the office and supporting with hands on repairs / services / installations from time to time. The position offers a blend between field duties and being office based. Some of the field work is overseas so there is an element of international travel with this role.
The projects element of the role will see you use AutoCAD to support with product development designs. Additionally, you will occasionally liaise with customers and work alongside the Directors to ensure projects are on track to the agreed deadlines. We don’t need significant project management experience as the Director will act as the lead in this instance whilst you learn the systems etc.
Salary & Package: £32,000 to £36,000 basic as a guide with scope to develop. Overtime is available at x1.5 rate or given as an option for time in lieu. All expenses covered when working within away from the office.
This Marine Electronics Engineer job will suit:
- Ideally have some prior experience working within the Marine Sector and have some form of experience with associated electronics used in naval units e.g navigation systems, CCTV, Radar etc. We don’t need you have experience across all of these areas as wider development can be offered where needed.
- Comfortable working out in the field / on naval units in general. This is a hands on role with office / projects duties too.
- Wider interest or experience using AutoCAD or similar packages would be useful.
- Some form of electronics qualification. An Engineer who is keen to develop within a specialist sector and has some transferability.
The Marine Electronics Engineer job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Excellent working culture within a team that has demonstrated exception length of tenure.
- Stacks of variety and diversity that offers further development. You will support a range of projects whilst also travel to a range of sites to support products.
- Flexible start / finish times – standard week is 35 hours – and flexible overtime (you can either receive x1.5 hourly rate or x1.5 days in lieu.
- Very secure and stable business. They have won a number of large projects recently and continue to grow.
The Marine Electronics Engineer job will involve:
- Supporting projects in house, using AutoCAD for system designs, writing test schedules.
- Working on naval units to support the repair / installation / servicing of the companies core electronic products e.g. radar systems, navigation, controls etc.
- Occasionally working overseas.
This job is commutable from Southampton, Bournemouth, Salisbury, Portsmouth, Hampshire.
To apply please contact Joe Parker at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.