£ Competitive Salary
4 months ago
Production Manager or Manufacturing Operations Manager in a small to medium size manufacturing company. Factory management of several teams in component manufacturing and production assembly cells. Reporting to the Directors, you will support continuous improvement, lean manufacturing and best practice across the factory. Excellent prospects.
The jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Established and growing manufacturing business with established product lines in growing markets.
- Manufacturing processes involve a mixture of light fabrication and assembly, vacuum forming, light machining and tube bending.
- Good salary guideline £40,000 + car or £45,000 no car.
- ISO 9001 accredited business.
The job will involve:
Primarily this is a production management role covering people and processes, and delivering on the core KPI’s of Quality, Cost and Delivery On-Time. In addition there will be continuous improvement activities relation to people and process:
- Working with shop floor and management to improve SOP’s, tooling, material preparation, machine set-up and running conditions.
- Work with colleagues and suppliers to use modern techniques such as Design For Manufacture, Visual Factory, 5S, Root Cause Analysis, Value Stream Mapping.
- Support New Product Launches and ISO 9001 Quality Audits.
This job will suit:
- A person with some manufacturing, factory or engineering leadership skills.
- A person with some lean manufacturing experience, and an understanding of what good looks like in a professional manufacturing facility.
- We are happy to appoint a less-experienced person who shows great potential, so whether you are experienced or whether you are a person looking for a career step-up please get in touch.
This job is in the Herefordshire / Worcestershire area.