Salary TBC approx. Guide only
4 months ago
- MD jobs role; UK Country Manager. P&L of a £15-£20m Coventry based manufacturing business
- Manufacturers of Switchgear equipment for data centres, pharma, industrial applications
- Part of a highly profitable global group of companies
- Commercially focused Managing Director, Country Manager or a Business Unit Director / Sales Director looking to have P&L ownership as Managing Director
Are you seeking Managing Director jobs in the Coventry, Birmingham, Rugby, Leamington spa, Solihull, Leicester, East Midlands or West Midlands region? Are you a Managing Director of a manufacturing, assembly or engineering business? Alternatively you could be a Sales Director, General Manager, Business Unit Director or commercially focused Operations Director (from the engineering / manufacturing sectors) who wants that next step to become Managing Director?
Salary TBC but rule out if you are seeking above £125,000 as a base salary. Package will include Executive Benefits (car + bonus). This is a newly created role; the business are investing heavily in a new facility near Coventry, new manufacturing equipment and ambitious people.
Notes from kick off Meeting
- MD / UK Country Manager job
- Highly profitable & established business
- New facility in Coventry is 30,000 square feet.
- It will be 80 headcount; £30m t/o in 5 years
- Whilst it’s being set up as a new facility in the UK, it’s NOT start from scratch – they have existing contracts – this is a “continue the success” Managing Director jobs role
- You will recruit your own team, initial priorities will be a Production manager and then a BDM / Sales Engineer. Fantastic autonomy to grow and run a business but with backing and support.
What we are looking for
- Rounded. Likely to have been a General Manager, MD, Country Manager or maybe a Business Unit Director looking to fully run a business
- The setting up of manufacturing and production side isn’t that complex and there is support here. You will appoint a Production manager who will sort factory layout so we don’t need extensive manufacturing / assembly / setting up a factory experience
- The real focus is running a business. Strategy, some customer engagement / commercial acumen, ability to develop relationships and influence sales, set the vision. Someone good at running a business. Good at growing businesses.
- They supply project sales (anything from £5,000 to £5m) into data centres, pharmaceutical, food & bev, infrastructure, heavy industry. Some overlap would be great (particularly with technical project sales) but actually we are open minded (doesn’t need to be switchgear but in the absence of this we need a really good case study / track record of taking a business from £10m to £30m or similar)
- So some sort of engineering background but pretty open on type
- Within an hour of Coventry
- Ambitious, wants to have autonomy
- The business has partnerships with massive blue chip engineering business; however they are responsive, dynamic and really nice to deal with. You will share this approach / mentality and have an SME mind-set
- On that SME point, you will be passionate about working in a dynamic SME where you can have ownership and run your own business with the backing of a very established (1982) parent company with a very strong balance sheet. You will likely have worked in growing SMEs
This Managing Director jobs role is based in Coventry commutable from Birmingham, Solihull, Leicester, Rugby, Coventry, Nuneaton, Northampton, Leamington Spa
To apply please email your CV to Edward Smith