9 months ago
- Specialist role overseeing a laboratory within an engineering / metallurgy environment.
- Days based opportunity within an established, modern employer.
A rare opportunity has become available for an experienced Lab Manager who has experience of supporting metallurgical processes within engineering manufacturing. The position will see you supervise a small team and support quality / testing processes relating to manufacturing.
Salary & Package: Flexible salary for the right person. Days based with an early Friday finish. Healthcare, Life Insurance, Pension up to 5%, 25 days holiday.
This Laboratory Manager job will suit:
- Degree in a science or engineering based subject with relevant work experience.
- Understanding of materials science, particularly for metals.
- Experience of analytical techniques and the scientific method of experimentation.
- Familiarity with common Laboratory equipment like microscopes and glassware.
The Laboratory Manager job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Opportunity to work within a modern, clean laboratory for a leading engineering business who have made significant investment over recent years.
- Flexible salary and good wider benefits for the right person.
- Days based role with a 12:30 finish on a Friday.
- Good blend of hands on work whilst managing a team and looking at internal processes.
The Laboratory Manager job will involve:
- Supervising the personnel in the Laboratory team on a day to day basis
- Attending daily production priority meetings and setting workloads for the team
- Translating and simplifying technical details / language into internal instructions for those without a scientific / engineering background and reviewing instructions written by other team members prior to publication
- Ensuring compliance to standards and quality level on products related to special processes and destructive testing (heat treatment / coatings / surface enhancement)
- Arranging suitable training for members of the surface treatment departments as required
- Supervising investigation reports on any customer returns or production failures to find root cause and suggest corrective actions
- Supervising experiments on process changes / new process methods to improve quality and / or reduce process times
- Ensuring all relevant pre-audits and audits (including NADCAP)
This job is commutable from Lincoln
To apply please contact Joe Parker at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.