£45,000 + pension
3 months ago
by agreement / asap
Take charge of H&S, Quality and Environmental systems at a manufacturing assembly factory. Newly created role to bring together the existing Health & Safety, Quality system and environmental requirements. £45,000 salary. Part of the management team. Growing business with innovative electromechanical products assembled on site and exported globally.
Guideline skills and experience for this HSEQ Manager role:
- Health and Safety NEBOSH or COSHH qualifications, most likely NEBOSH Certificate.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing or production assembly SME, championing Health and Safety and a safety-first mindset, ensuring first line supervisors are equipped with the right skills and everyone is following the practical processes.
- Experience of updating ISO9001 or being involved with implementing ISO9001 and similar environmental systems and policies.
- Knowledge of improvement methodologies such as lean manufacturing,
- Passionate about influencing a right first time culture.
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Engineering / manufacturing assembly organisation.
- Growing business, innovative products.
- Worldwide customers, product is exported to Europe and USA.
- Friendly leadership team committed to improvements and growth.
The Interim QHSE Manager job will involve:
- Introducing ISO 9001 at the site, building on the existing accreditation at a sister-site.
- Ensuring everyone in the business is following the processes for Health and Safety, Quality systems and Environmental systems.
- Managing internal audits, identifying and closing-out gaps and non-compliance.
- Identifying training needs relating to H&S, Quality and Environmental requirements.
- Work with the sister-site to share best practice, supporting their H&S policies in particular.
- Review internal systems and procedures relating to HSEQ, identity improvement opportunities and introduce improvements in tandem with colleagues in the management team.