£30,000 - £35,000
8 months ago
An opportunity for an experienced HR Officer / Manager to join multi-site, engineering manufacturing business supplying into Automotive Tier 1. This job vacancy involves developing strategic HR policies for employee retention, recruitment and development, supporting existing employees with appraisals, absences and grievances. Providing supporting to remote HR manager with generalist HR duties.
The jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- First Tier Automotive Supplier, multi-site engineering, manufacturing business.
- A growing company with a well- established client base.
- Work as a part of leading engineering company in the UK supplying blue-chip automotive clients.
- Good starting salary between £30,000 - £35,000
Full Time – Permanent role.
The job will involve:
- Develop company’s employee retention, recruitment and development strategy to ensure availability of high quality staff to match business needs. This will include working closely with schools, universities etc.
- Assist Group Training Manager (based at Head Office) with development of apprenticeship academy.
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of HR procedures, policies and processes
- Support the recruitment process including, scheduling interviews, sending out all offers of employment, conducting reference checking, arranging inductions and ensuring the on boarding of new staff goes to plan
- Provide Management Information where necessary including staff absence statistics, staff turnover reports, etc
- Carrying out absence management, disciplinary and grievance activities
- Ensure that all relevant UK HR processes are being adhered to
This job will suit:
- Person with an HR degree or CIPD qualification, with relevant experience. Alternatively be Qualified by Experience.
- Ideal experience includes working in engineering or manufacturing SME
- Person with excellent communication both oral and verbal who can develop positive working relationships
- Although you will be supported by your manager you must be a self-sufficient individual and respond well to managing a busy workload.
This position is commutable from Tyne & Wear, Newcastle, Middleborough, Stockton-On-Tees and surrounding areas.
To apply, please contact Jayne Baxter