Salary TBC approx. Guide
over 1 year ago
Health & Safety Advisor
- H&S Advisor, Health & Safety Business Partner jobs role Nottingham Derby Loughborough region
- Mechanical precision components into Medical and pharma manufacturing / engineering
- Fantastic growth and stability – chance to work in medical / pharmaceutical manufacturing
Are you an H&S Advisor or Health and Safety Business partner with a CI / Continuous Improvement or Lean mindset? Are you seeking a chance to work in medical pharmaceutical manufacturing? This H&S jobs role would suit someone from aerospace or similarly regulated industries (mechanical engineering) who wants to have fantastic security, growth and challenge in their career.
Are you seeking H&S manager jobs or senior health and safety advisor jobs in the Nottingham, Derby, Loughborough, Leicester, Ashby, Mansfield, Chesterfield region? Alternatively are you a Health and Safety business partner seeking a chance to become Health & Safety Manager in a dynamic engineering SME?
Health & Safety Advisor Essential Experience
- You MUST have experience of manufacturing (ideally mechanical engineering)
- This will be gained within highly regulated sectors (aerospace, automotive, oil and gas, nuclear, medical, pharmaceutical – ideally high volume mechanical component manufacture)
- You MUST be able to drive improvements with shop floor processes (this might be lean,5S, CI projects or H&S projects) but this is NOT managing a large team ; it’s driving improvements with shop floor processes and people
- 150 to 200 headcount business so an SME mentality in terms of being a ‘doer’ when it comes to H&S (not just identify the issue but actually resolve/ make a difference)
Health & Safety Advisor Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the business Health and Safety system.
- Prepare risk assessments for all areas of the Business.
- Lead improvement activity to reduce HS&E risks.
- Implementation of Health and Safety related corrective actions.
- Lead waste and defect reduction activities in a high precision engineering environment using Lean tools including Error Proofing / SMED / 6S etc
- Ensure business compliance with HS&E legislation.
- Resolve problems at pace with structured problem resolution and root cause analysis tools and techniques, such as: 3C / 8D / 5 Why / Ishikawa
- Eliminate non-value added activities to reduce lead times
- Lead by example, using best practice problem resolution approaches to upskill the wider workforce
This Health and safety jobs role is based near Nottingham commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Mansfield, Long Eaton, Leicester, Loughborough, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Burton on Trent, Ashby, Melbourne,
REF : ESCIH