Salary TBC approx. Guide
14 days ago
Head of Strategy Circular Economy
- Circular economy & sustainability consultancy seeking to appoint a Business Development Manager Head of Sales, Commercial Manager, or Head of Strategy
- Chance to work in the circular economy, environmental sustainability sector
- The role is part of the senior leadership team with a focus on business development, commercial management of consultancy projects, sales and business growth
Are you seeking Business Development Manager, Head of Sales, Commercial Manager, Sales Manager or Head of Strategy jobs in the circular economy, environmental or sustainability sectors?
You will ideally have experience in the circular economy, environmental or sustainability sectors OR you will have strong Business Development and commercial experience with complex science or technology lead projects (ideally selling a service, R&D, consultancy or similar).
You will definitely need to be passionate about circular economy, environmental & sustainability sectors. You will need to be within striking distance of Aylesbury for 2 to 3 days per week in the office as part of the Senior Leadership team. Salary is TBC but rule out if you are seeking above £75,000 as a base salary.
- The priority of the BDM job is to network, engage and ultimately secure projects with organisations that are interested in the circular economy (commercial organisations – not really public sector)
- It tends to be medium to large organisations in the technology/engineering / technical sectors
- You will need to be comfortable with technical discussions but we are happy to train / develop someone when it comes to circular economy (providing you have that passion for the sector)
About you / Your background
- Passionate and genuinely interested in carbon reduction, sustainability and the circular economy
- Experience gained as a Head of Sales, Commercial Manager, Business Development Manager, Sales Manager or Head of Strategy
- Exposure to technical sectors (you will likely have a track record of working with the technology / engineering / environmental space)
- Business development and sales focused. This isn’t a pure sales role – it’s networking, engaging with key people, consulting and advising and then some project management (but you will still be sales / BD focused)
- Someone who can understand complexity – this is selling a service rather than a product so any exposure of similar complex sales cycles would be beneficial
- We are flexible with work from home BUT this role is part of the senior leadership team so we need someone commutable to Aylesbury (so you can do 2 or maybe 3 days in the office at times)
- SME focused. You will have worked in SMEs where you need to be friendly, “wear a number of hats” and happy to be “at the coal face”
This Head of Strategy / Business Development Manager jobs role is based near Aylesbury commutable from Oxford, Luton, High Wycombe, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Banbury
To apply please email your CV to Edward Smith