£65,000 to £70,000 + Bonus (c£15,000)
about 1 year ago
Head of Operational Excellence
- Senior position within an established engineering manufacturer who are experiencing strong growth.
- This is very much a strategic position but still requires a hands on mentality from time to time.
- Fantastic career prospect - The plan is to grow into a Director over the next few years.
Are you an experienced Operations Professional who is looking for a positive challenge? This position has been created in order to help take the business to the next level. The business are an engineering SME who manufacture specialist products and are a leader within their sector.
This position is primarily strategically driven and will have improving efficiency across the business as its main focus. Being an SME, we ideally need someone who is used to this type of culture and can be flexible to help out with the occasional hands on aspects of daily management.
Typical areas of focus for this role include, improving operational planning, optimizing the business layout, supporting expansion by identifying international distribution centres, returns management and more. This is a really varied position and it really is an exciting time for the business as they elevate to the next level.
Salary & Package: £65,000 to £70,000 as an initial base guide + Bonus (c£15,000). The Bonus does operate on a scale – related to both profit and performance – but has paid at 100% over recent years.
This Head of Operational Excellence job will suit:
- Prior experience within a senior Operational position and have a proven record of making measurable, key improvements within a business.
- Still happy to occasionally support day to day activities / be hands on when required. Whilst strategic focus is key, we want someone with a bit of flexibility.
- Engineering / Manufacturing background would be ideal for the role given the nature of the business. Wider electronics experience would be a bonus.
The Head of Operational Excellence job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- SME with a specialist product range that are undergoing rapid growth.
- Flexibility to work a hybrid model – e.g 3 days in the office, 2 from home on a remote basis.
- Excellent bonus structure on top of a fairly flexible salary structure.
- Great prospects to take the next step in becoming a Director. The position has succession in mind over the next couple / few years.
The Head of Operational Excellence job will involve:
- Working with team managers to drive improvements across all aspects of operations: lead-times, efficiency, planning, costs, quality, returns management, systems, performance indicators
- Supporting relocation of the UK site over the next 12 months in order to continue growth.
- Creating international centres for stock holding, system configuration, repairs and calibration
- Deputising for the COO and taking responsibility for operational functions as required
This job is commutable from Hammersmith
To apply please contact Joe Parker at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.