over 1 year ago
Head of Manufacturing, Central Birmingham, West Midlands
Head of Manufacturing job for an SME manufacturing and assembly business supplying electrical and mechanical devices for oil and gas, petrochem, marine, automotive, aerospace and medical devices. Working closely with the MD this role will work on Continuous Improvement and efficiency projects, developing key staff, embedding new manufacturing processes to achieve KPI’s.
Salary & Package: £60,000 - £70,000 + car allowance + pension and healthcare
This job will suit:
- Person with a track record of production or operations management within electro-mechanical assembly production process.
- Person with a track record of developing and growing teams to meet demand for growing orders.
- Solid understanding of Lean principles (5S, Kaizan, Kanban, SMED).
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- An established growing SME business, good job security, and a diverse customer base with long term order book.
- Professional business with formal quality accreditations, and a commitment to developing people.
- The company develops their own technology and has a worldwide reputation in their product niches.
The job will involve:
- Working with the MD to improve and develop manufacturing teams.
- Train and develop cell leaders and team leaders.
- Introduce best practice across manufacturing.
- Ensure smooth and efficient production operations in order to achieve KPI’s and targets.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture change across the production and operations.
This job is based in Central Birmingham within easy reach of rail networks
To apply please contact Jayne Baxter at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.