£ Competitive Salary
5 months ago
Group Finance Director to join a professional and dynamic executive team, leading this highly successful, growing family engineering and manufacturing business.
Group turnover of £120m across locations, including UK, China, India, Mexico & USA, employing 1,200 people.
Highly competitive salary, benefits package and bonus scheme.
What can you expect to be doing?
Working alongside the Group Managing Director and Senior Executive team, you will not only be an exceptional accountant with hands on experience of company finance, but commercially astute with a strategic focus. You will actively contribute towards the financial planning and strategic growth of this global organisation.
- You will contribute to the strategic management of the group, by developing and maintaining policies and practices to ensure the Finance Department supports the strategic objectives of the business.
- You will contribute to the Group Executive Team’s planning and implementation of strategic decisions.
- You will provide leadership to Group financial activities, to optimise the business’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including auditors, banking institutions, business advisers and external partners.
- Responsibility for the financial management of the Group globally, ensuring the activities of the global finance team adhere to appropriate financial regulations and requirements both locally and centrally.
- Effective management and control of all group capital and revenue budgets and effective management and control of the financial management and administration.
- Lead and manage the group budgeting process.
- Perpetuate the growth and endurance of the group through capital allocation, acquisition, overseas expansion, employee ownership and strategic planning.
Culture and Values are really important to this organisation, the personal characteristics you must possess include:
- Be good humoured: Don’t take yourself too seriously, be able to lighten a difficult situation through charisma
- Be Straight talking: Able to challenge the elephant in the room and make a point without making an enemy,
- Be Flexible and Adaptable: Adjust quickly to changing situations, priorities and conditions. Cope with complexity and change
- Be Proactive: Seek to understand, bring and share ideas to the company
- Team work: Reach out to colleagues and cooperate to establish a collaborative working environment
- Creates leaders: Coach colleagues to improve performance and prepare them for future responsibilities
- Recognises value above cost: Able to balance elegance and innovation with Cost and commercial viability
What will you bring with you?
- Group level financial management for mid-cap (£100m) family owned business
- Financial leadership to support rapidly growing, capital intensive manufacturing businesses with international manufacturing plants
- Understanding of international taxation systems, tariffs and foreign exchange
- Detailed cash management, planning, forecasting and reporting
- Experience and involvement in M&A projects and associated financial transactions
- Strong leadership, communication and relationship building skills, with the ability to interpret and summarise complex data to help achieve strategic goals
- Track record of delivering cultural change, creating empowered and disciplined high performance teams.
- Developing financial intellect across the leadership teams of subsidiary companies
- Maintaining the financial balance between research, development, innovation and aesthetics and product viability & Market demand
- Highly credible, with the personal authority and credibility to establish a highly influential voice for the finance function
- Chartered Accountant (ICAEW / ACCA / CIMA) or equivalent
- Min 15 years’ experience at a senior finance leadership level in a £100m Manufacturing business
- Strategic thinker, with ability to translate strategy into operational delivery.
- Credible, with proven ability to build effective relationships and influence key stakeholders internally & externally, including the Board.
- Highly impactful strategic communicator and negotiator, able to interface with most senior levels internally and externally.
- Strong leadership and engagement skills, with demonstrable ability to lead, direct and coach both own direct reports and wider global teams.
- Track record of running and developing best in class Finance functions.
- Ability to sponsor projects, with strong project disciplines, by galvanising staff behind a common short term goal. A natural facilitator, able to use excellent influencing skills to build alignment and buy in across the business
Application via email only.