Salary TBC approx. Guide only
about 1 month ago
Graduate Sales Engineer
- Would suit a Chemical Engineering graduate, Environmental Engineering graduate or Mechanical Engineering (BEng or MEng)
- An ambitious graduate who wants to combine heat transfer and engineering problem solving with communication skills / strategic business development and solution selling
- Listed in The Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for
Are you an engineering graduate who has excellent communication skills? Are you an ambitious engineering graduate who wants to progress in business? Listed in The Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for – this engineering business has a fantastic culture and very friendly, supportive working environment that values their employees
This role will suit an articulate engineer who wants both a technical challenge but also the chance to be involved in margin, profit, sales, marketing and wider business principles (a great grounding to enable you to progress to senior positions / director level positions in the future). You need to have strong communication skills as well as the engineering intellect:
The Graduate Sales Engineer jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Company has a strong culture of internal promotion, given the head room to grow in the business
- The business has excellent financial stability, exciting growth plans and a passionate workforce (with a very high retention rate)
- Due to the bespoke nature of the solution/product, your role will be diverse, interesting and stimulating. No two days are the same!
- Training & development is a core value of the business, you can expect to be well trained both internally and via external development courses
- The culture is one of passion, enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn & improve. You will need to have a positive ‘can do’ attitude – you will be rewarded with diversity and excellent prospects.
The Graduate Sales Engineer jobs role will involve:
- Look at novel solutions for customers engineering challenges
- Generate estimates, considering the margin and profitability of the job
- Negotiate with suppliers and subcontractors
- Supporting sales team visiting customers to ascertain their key requirements (including building rapport and strong relationships with both technical and commercial decision makers)
- Systems design after reviewing customer specification
- Strategic business development activity – looking at new target customers and engaging with them on complex engineering solutions
This job will suit:
- Ideally a degree in mechanical engineering or chemical engineering or environmental engineering but wider engineering degrees, BEng courses and MEng / Masters in engineering would also be suited
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ambitious to develop in an expanding medium sized business.
This Graduate Sales Engineer job has work from home flexibility. You could be based in the Oxford, Reading, Aylesbury, Luton, Stevenage, Harlow, Cambridge, Chelmsford region or surrounding areas.