guideline £25,000 plus pension
about 2 months ago
by agreement / asap
Graduate Design Engineer
£25,000 + pension.
Permanent. Daytime Monday to Friday.
Early finish on Fridays.
Graduate Design Engineer, mechanical engineering, using Solidworks at a small friendly manufacturing engineering production business. Reporting directly to the engineering director, this is a great chance for a degree qualified graduate mechanical design engineer to have varied role and have really good career development.
The job will involve:
- Providing engineering support to customers and colleagues
- Design and develop engineered solutions to customer requirements
- Liaise with customers and suppliers on technical aspects
- Support sales team with customer visits
- Deliver a creative approach to engineering problems and projects
- Creation of 3D models and 2D drawings
- Create and maintain technical documentation
This job will suit:
·A recent graduate (or graduating) in Mechanical Engineering or a similar engineering discipline
- Experience of using 3D CAD. Specific experience of SolidWorks is beneficial
·Strong communication skills – the ability to effectively communicate with customers on a technical level
- Strong problem solving skills
- Desire to develop and learn new skills
This is a small friendly team that work well together, with plenty of people in the team that know their job really well. Career prospects are strong; the company has a strong order book spread across several industry sectors, it has a bespoke product, and there are opportunities for promotion in the medium term.
£25,000 + pension. Daytime Mon-Fri. Early finish on Fridays. Lots of support to get you up to speed. Small friendly, experienced team with very little staff turn over.
This job is commutable from Leicester, Loughborough, Melton Mowbray, and Leicestershire.
“With our apologies, please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”